All children and their families are valued socially and emotionally, healthy, and their relationships are thriving.
Increase coordination of early childhood systems, to expand prevention and promotion strategies to support the social emotional health and development of children, ages prenatal through Kindergarten transitions, throughout the region, and to ensure their success in school.
- Buena Vista School District
- Chaffee County Department of Public Health and Environment
- Chaffee County Early Childhood Council
- Early Head Start
- ECHO & Family Center Early Childhood Council
- Heart of the Rockies Regional Medical Center
- SolVista Health
- St. Thomas More Hospital, Centura Health
- An integrated regional system of primary care, early childhood behavioral health and community service providers share information, tools, resources, and coordinate linkages to support comprehensive prevention and promotion services for young children and their families.
- The region will increase universal screening through the use, accessibility, and availability of early childhood and prenatal screenings by medical providers and early childhood community partners in a variety of settings.
- Communities in the region will understand and support the importance of social-emotional wellness in preparing children for success in school and life through the provision of effective community outreach activities.
- Families with children, prenatal to kindergarten entry throughout the region, utilize high quality, research-based services and supports to promote social-emotional health and well-being.
- There is a coordinated, efficient Mental Health Consultation System throughout the region.